Walkabout 2002 – An Update, Finally

I realize that my posting has really dropped through the floor since I got back, but my life has also gotten less interesting in the big sense of the word too. My days are filled with job hunting, not very interesting to talk about. My nights are either spent with Sam talking about house repair/decorating, or Daniel, making googly eyes and having sex. The former is not terribly interesting, the latter is none of your damn business. 😉

So, this is an update to say that I had the interview. It went well, if strangely. The people seemed to have decided already that they wanted to work with me, just not how they would accomplish it. The job is a contractor position where they find out what you can do, sell it to a client, and then pay you to do it. It’s like paying a marketing firm’s commission for jobs. They do this for a bunch of management consultants already, but they are looking at branching into the soft-skill training sets that I offer. I haven’t heard back from them yet, so I’m going to give them a call this afternoon. I’ll let you know when it works out.

I’m slowly consolidating all of my stuff at Daniel’s so that it will be one stop shopping for when I finally get a place of my own. I’m getting a little stressed out that I don’t have a job yet since I have to be out of Sam’s by March 1 as per our agreement when I moved in. But, I’ve got a whole month to get my shit together, so we’ll see how it works out.

In the meantime, I spent the weekend with Daniel. On Saturday we had a gaming day which only one person came to (damn and I thought I had a lot of game-geek friends). But it WAS Superbowl weekend and we were running on the same day as Ken’s Mythos game (always lose to that one). We’ll try again another time and see if it was the timing or the theme that caused the low turn-out. Anyway, we had a good time gaming for a few hours. The party ended a couple hours early and I got to spend some quality time with Daniel (yay!). I spent the night and we tried a new thing on Sunday. We tried out the concept of me helping him get the house repair/update stuff done. Evidently this is a new concept for him as none of his previous girlfriends has ever offered this type of help. We got a lot accomplished, although not as much as I would have liked. He was surprised that I was able to go into work mode and not demand his attention during this time.

It’s funny how assumptions are made based on specialized patterns. I realized that he’d only seen me during times when I was in town for short periods and so we were focused on spending time together and nothing else. Now that I’m here longer term, I’m reverting to standard operating mode and that’s news to him. I think he’s liking the news though. We watched The Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood (for my third time and his first) and then trundled off to bed. All in all, it was one of the best days we’ve spent together. I really like being able to just get a snuggle or a grope as I’m doing the housework. It makes everything happier. I highly recommend it.

So that’s it for now. Don’t know when I’ll post again, although if Sam got her computer fixed and online this weekend as she had planned, it may be sooner than I imagine.

* This is part of an ongoing series of posts detailing what happened on a spiritual pilgrimage that I took in 2002. To start from the beginning, go to July 2, 2013. To see the entire spiritual journey as it gets published, click on the category “You Want Me To Do WHAT?!!?” to see all of the posts.


Join The Mailing List

Get first notice of events and specials

We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at anytime.