Walkabout 2002 – Panic as Motivation

Well I hit the wall this morning. Woke up and realized that it’s already Friday and that I haven’t gotten a hell of a lot done this week, especially in regards to job hunt stuff. So, after a bout of self-flagellation, I got on the stick and made some progress. I revamped my resume (again) and actually got some cover letters out. I spent about 6-8 hours working on business stuff. Plus I finally got to talk to the guy that does the corporate workshops using drumming. He and I got along well and two hours later agreed that we should keep in touch. Looks like we’ll be networking via phone every couple of weeks or so. I gave him some leads and he passed some on to me that I’ll be following up tomorrow. Win-win all around. So I’m finally back in the game here. No more farting around. Yay.

I’m going to get the last of my stuff that I can do here done tomorrow morning and then pack up the car so I’m ready to head out first thing Sunday morning. Then I’m heading down to visit my cousin before picking up Bill and Amy at the airport. Should be a full day all around. I’ll make a bunch of phone calls Sunday on my trip back (hopefully, assuming I get signal). Then I’m at Daniel’s for the night and not a moment too soon. I really miss him.

Monday I’m off to Sam’s place to settle in. At least until I can find a job and get my own apartment. I’m shooting for Feb 15th as a completion date. I know it’s a short period of time, but that’s when I moved out of the house in N. Attleboro last year and I’d like to be in a place of my own again by then. Just my own timeline for my own purposes. A year is long enough to be homeless.

* This is part of an ongoing series of posts detailing what happened on a spiritual pilgrimage that I took in 2002. To start from the beginning, go to July 2, 2013. To see the entire spiritual journey as it gets published, click on the category “You Want Me To Do WHAT?!!?” to see all of the posts.


We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at anytime.