Walkabout 2002 – Virginia

It seems I am going to go home after all. Not for a long time, just for a visit and check-in. Maybe a week, maybe a little more. As usual, this part of the journey is yielding a lot of results. I’ve met my cousin’s boyfriend, Jeff, and he has at least one person I need to meet on walkabout. Seems this man does corporate training using drumming as his mode of entrance. Are you listening, Chris? Anyway, it’s been interesting already visiting with my cousin. She and I have had an affinity our whole lives being the only ones in the family who are even close to normal (ain’t that scary given what you know about me?). But we have never really spent more than a few hours together and that was always surrounded by family which always tweaks the dynamics. We spent about five hours talking last night and she helped me realize that I did actually need to go home for a while. I’m not sure what it is about being on walkabout, but I’ve spent more time talking til 2-3AM on this trip than I think I have in my whole life.

I can tell it’s Sawain. I am really going through some massive shift. I wish I could see exactly what it is. My jaw has been locked up for the past few days from the stress and it’s making eating painful. That could be useful to my weight loss goals, but it’s annoying to the extreme. I’d really like to be more specific about what’s going on with me because I can feel the effects, but I just can’t identify the details.

On a different note, I called the bankruptcy court and I can petition to set aside the dismissal of my case. It has to be in the court’s hands by Monday or Tuesday at the latest, so I’ll be overnighting the petition and the cash I forgot to pay. Hopefully, that will be the end of it and I can be done with this mess. Sigh.

I’ve decided not to go to the peace rally in Washington D.C. today. I am watching it on CSPAN as I write this and I think it was a good decision. While the message is important and I know that I could have made some connections there, I feel that the work I’m doing with Anna is more important right now.  (Update 2013 – The connection that I made with Anna during this walkabout was really important when my mother passed away in 2010.  She was the one person consistently there for me.  It wouldn’t have been possible without us having spent this time together.)

On a completely random note, I drove 750 miles yesterday. The whole time I was driving I never saw any blue sky at all. The storm front that was passing through was huge. Thankfully it only rained in fits and spurts and it was just overcast for most of the journey. I’m finding that the more I drive, the easier it is to go long distances. I did eleven hours yesterday and I wasn’t really tired at the end of it. I’ve finally found fall though. In Florida, it was 83 degrees when I left. When I arrived in VA, in was 55 degrees. Yay, colder weather! Yay, Fall! Well, I think that’s it for today.

*  This is part of an ongoing series of posts detailing what happened on a spiritual pilgrimage that I took in 2002.  To start from the beginning, go to July 2, 2013.  To see the entire spiritual journey as it gets published, click on the category “You Want Me To Do WHAT?!!?” to see all of the posts.  


Join The Mailing List

Get first notice of events and specials

We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at anytime.